People are reading more than ever. Are your strategies for convincing them to read more of your books working?
How would you know? You could continuously check Amazon, but wouldn't you rather spend your valuable time writing?
What would you even look at to see if your promotional strategies are working? Your sales rank.
Sales rank is Amazon's measure of how well your book is selling on Amazon. To sell more books you need to convince Amazon's recommendation algorithm to sell your book for you by placing it in front of your readers. By tracking sales rank you can quickly see which promotional activities improve sales. That's where Best Sellers Rank comes in. Best Sellers Rank delivers easy-to-read reports with sales rank and other key performance indicators. Better Information = Smarter Decisions = Increasing Sales.
Answer questions like...
- How is my book selling now?
- How has my book changed over time?
- When I do X how does it affect sales?
Hire Best Sellers Rank as your virtual assistant. BSR checks your book on Amazon and sends you hourly, daily, or weekly reports filled with key performance indicators tracked over time.
Want to see an example report? Show Me!
- A quick summary of your book's sales rank in the store, review total, review average, and price.
- Current rankings in each category.
- Current review count. Review counts are useful because reviews are a proxy for sales. And by looking at the relative proportions you can calculate readthrough percentages.
- Has your sales rank gone up or down?
- Has your book been placed in a new category or deleted from a category?
- Has your review count gone up?
- Has your ratings gone up or down?
- Has the book price gone up or down?
- Has the description changed?
- See how your book performs over time with graphs for changes in sales rankings, price, reviews, and for each category.
It doesn't stop there. Over time, we'll add more information that will help your author business succeed.
Why is tracking your sales rank so valuable? It tells your Amazon story.
Sales rank is the key component behind the algorithm powering the Kindle Store.
Sales rank tells you how well your book is selling. It also tells Amazon how much effort it should put into promoting your book.
When sales rank goes down, you're selling less and Amazon cares less. When sales rank goes up, you're selling more and Amazon cares more.
In a week, today's book sale will count almost nothing towards your sales rank. Do nothing and your rank will fall...unless you do something to increase it.
Ideally, you want four or five days of consistently rising sales. This will cause Amazon's recommendation engine to start working for you.
You want Amazon's algorithm to sell your books for you—which means monitoring your sales rank.
Not tracking your sales rank? Then millions of hard marketing, constantly promoting authors will leapfrog over you.
- Did your new ad campaign boost sales?
- Are your ads working or should you terminate them?
- Did your new blurb get the ball rolling?
- Did adding new categories make a difference?
- Did your new cover increase sales?
- Is that new deal, price point, or pricing strategy lifting sales?
- Is your box set a knockout?
- Is going wide narrowing sales?
- Did your email blast light a fire?
- How is Kindle performing compared to Hardcover or Audible?
- Is your backlist selling?
- Did that list swap convert?
- Is your review team on the job?
- Did making the first book in a series permafree entice new buyers?
- Did a promotional appearance move the needle?
- Is your reader magnet attracting readers?
- Did that class you attended up your game?
- Are your pre-orders thriving?
- Is your book funnel circling the drain?
- Did your launch strategy rocket sales?
- Is your book bundle warm and toasty?
- Is your marketing driving traffic?
- Did increasing per click bids press your buttons?
- How are your competitors performing? You don't have to monitor just your books. You can keep an eye on your competitors too. Smart!
Do you have any of these questions about any of your books?
How will you know the answers unless you track your sales rank with Best Sellers Rank?
You can sign up for the one book free plan that sends you daily reports.
If you'd like an ad-free service, or reports on more than one book, or to put a book on a weekly or hourly report plan, then you can select a pricing plan that fits your needs.
At any time you can choose to upgrade your plan or cancel your plan. The choice is always yours.